Saturday, January 30, 2021

Chocolate cookies and things

Today is a not-gonna-do-it day for me.  If I don't feel like it, I'm not.  For the most part that is.  I guess the MA will get fed since the poor boy works 7 days a week.  But if you know him, for the love of all things good in this world, do not drop by and visit him at the office.  Public service announcement: do not stop and chit chat with your local accountant.  They are too nice to tell you that. Anyway, I didn't want to snowshoe or anything else this morning so there it is....  not gonna do it.

I keep thinking back to the dentist office and the really messed up energy that hygienist had. She will be encouraged to take it down about 3 steps next time.  You know, I specifically asked not to be nagged when I started at this new office a few years ago, apparently they will need to be reminded.  Yes, I am still pissy about it all.

Ok, deep breaths and I am reminding my self of what my meditation instructor said this morning: you can always come back to this place of peace whenever you need to.  And I am doing so.  People unloading on me, yet again, find your peaceful place.  People not answering me back (some of whom I may be related to)- peaceful place.  A lot of energy because I didn't do any yoga or strength training today- peaceful place AND let's make something chocolate.  

I had chocolate chips in the house, but was missing one of the ingredients needed to make magic cookie bars. I have coconut but not the will to roll up balls of coconut candy and dip them in chocolate.... sigh.  So, chocolate cookies it is.  Why not?  The dough is literally chilling out in the fridge at the moment, so here I am waiting for it to firm up to be baked.  

Which leads me to some random thoughts I had while doing this new recipe.  Seriously, Pinterest and blogger bakers are pretty damn annoying. First of all you have to wade through paragraphs and more paragraphs to get to the recipe.  Then the woman who wrote the recipe started talking about over measuring flour- I mean, what the heck does that even mean?  Then she said also, don't use too LESS flour..... oh honey.....  So I read on and realize she means, you need to make sure you don't put in too much flour- therefore scoop it and level. Some sad examples of awkward/incorrect phrasing.  Minor I know but - I am easily annoyed today. 

 I remember one recipe that I did for a chocolate swirl banana bread that, I kid you not, had you using like 5 bowls and a pan and all of the measuring utensils in your cupboard.  I got it down to one bowl and a glass 4 cup measuring cup, besides teaspoons and things like that.  At the time, my mission was to avoid dishes.  Since I now have a dishwasher, it is purely for bragging rights and pride.  I have no one to brag to but myself, but we are pretty smug about it.  Anyway, I know I shouldn't be down on people because you don't know their journey, but if you put that stuff on the internet you should do your editing. And for god sakes don't make a million dirty dishes.

But on a positive note, Laurie and I are beginning to plan out the plants we are growing.  I should point out that she is the one with the indoor seed starting setup: the correct lighting, windows, plant racks, etc.  I am here to provide moral support, help and potting soil.  My house just doesn't have a good place for it, and I am not setting that up in my bedroom.  I know someone who thinks I should put all kinds of things in there and that gets shot down really quickly.  I am not filling that room with stuff.  I am slowly improving the space with carefully chosen beautiful items....  makes me happy to think about it. 

It almost looked like the sun might be peeking out, but maybe not.  However, it is staying lightish out past 5 pm now, and that is really outstanding. Might be getting a bit of snow tomorrow, and that is fine, too.  To have it almost 4pm and really bright out yet is so hopeful and so joyful.  And we all need a little bit of that. 

I think it is time to bake the cookies!  If you follow me on Instagram I am sure that photos will follow, at least in the stories part.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Rock on!



No comments:

Post a Comment