Saturday, September 17, 2022

Good Lord, why hasn't it frosted yet??

 Alrightie, it appears that even though I think I will write more here, I dont.  I will say a good deal of that has to do with the fact that I have been doing quite a lot of drawing.  Something I thought I would do a lot of when I retired, but Covid really mucked everything up.   My brain was in no position to be drawing much, or definitely not for a sustained period.  I literally couldn't make that commitment.  And you think about things a lot when you draw.... and it was too uncomfortable to bear.

I am to the point in the year, where I am begging Mother Nature to just freeze things off already.  I am ready for my obligation to water things to be done.  It is so nice the tomatoes did well here in the last few weeks, and for once the squash are actually ripening and I am just so over it.  I have a long attention span, really, but I am done.  I have a ton of flower photos and I haven't processed them yet, because again, I have only so much time in which I am HIGHLY creative and drawing has sucked it up.  

This month the drawing is intense as the sketchbook group I belong to online has a #selfietember challenge and I have been doing those.  If you follow me on my instagram (@debikayo) You will have seen some of those.  It has been an interesting project for many reasons.  I have to catch up now as I was away for a few days to Bayfield and I am behind.  I didnt have time to draw there, we kept pretty busy.  My sister and I (and her hubby Bill for a day and some change) met my brother up there and we spent Tuesday together.  We had a great time.  I gave them a tour of Madeline island, and then we had Bloody Marys on the deck of the Bayfield inn.  and later ate at the Pier.  Good times!

So I am about to embark on making a digital childhood selfie, so I should stop distracting myself by ordering garlic from Jungs to plant in a few weeks, load the dishwasher, change the laundry and other ways I am trying to avoid my thought process.  Its exhausting.  I need some clarity in parts of my life, and it isnt ready to happen yet so the muddled think throughs are happening.  

Oh and btw, my Seester and I are going on a big old vaca in 10 days....  so if you are an instagram person- I prefer that in a big way to Facebook- you might catch some photos on there...  especially the story section.  I would like to put some discussion about that on here, but we know how that can go.  I know I feel so much less anxious when I travel, so I am looking forward to a big chunk of time that wont involve me dissecting every word I have said for the last 10 days - 10 years....  lol. I am sure most of you know what I mean.

Anyway, ROCK ON my friends.  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment