Monday, May 20, 2013

This 'n That

FIRST of all-  Hang on to your hats everyone--- that's right, ELLA IS COMING TO SEE GRANDMA AND GRANDPA - and Uncle Mike!  I wanted to get that said immediately, as it is such GREAT news!!  YES!!!  Of course, what this really means is that I need to do some additional cleaning upstairs.  I had gone through and cleaned up the one room, when I thought it was just Greg and Sarah, but now we need the other room as well. I am in the middle of trying to get rid of certain people's old junk *coughgreg*, so there is chaos up there.  That will be my after school task!  I have to insert here that I am thrilled that Greg and Sarah and Toby and Ruger are coming, too!!  YAY!!  I love having the dogs here. And, of course, someone can get my outdoor speakers hooked up again!  :)  and I need someone to look at Grandpa's clock and figure out why the pendulum stopped working....  I bought brats from the Fifield grocery- just sayin!!

Ok, now that we have all that taken care of-
my hands are killing me today.  I weeded much of the weekend and I feel like my right hand is swelled up, and in fact it sort of looks like it is!  I got a lot done, and I feel like I should have done a lot more, but I needed to clean in the house (see above) and I had to wash clothes and for some reason the MA thinks he needs to eat on the weekend! Such an imposition!  Lol.  We were both unstoppable - he is working on the new garage doors, getting in the garden and hogged the "new" Cub Cadet and mowed the lawn for the first time.  I got a zillion tomato plants transplanted into bigger pots, rearranged the garden shed a bit (I used it for the first time!!!) (hey, I also get wifi out there.  THAT is awesome!), weeded, walked, groomed the horse- partially (that boy needs a stylist), laundry, dishes, etc. etc.

We put onions, spinach, chard, peas and beets in the garden so far.  I have a gazillion tomatoes in the garden shed, and we probably could put in the first planting of beans. It seems like it is going to stay warm, so we may not have frost.

Speaking of garden- I have been a vegetarian now for a year!  I am very pleased with this fact.  I was never a big meat eater and it was the next logical step.  To make that commitment to not eat meat was not hard.  The only drawback is the convenience factor, it is easy to rip open a package of tuna or heat up a hot dog in 20 seconds..... but I feel like the health benefits for me far outweigh the inconvenience. I am used to it now- I have things that I can quickly make/eat if I am starving.  And let me tell you they are a whole lot healthier than the things I used to have!! I can see this as a lifetime lifestyle- along with my no soda rule.  And no Doritos.  Lol.

This is the last week of school for the seniors.  I love my kiddos, but we are all ready for summer vaca. The seniors have been phoning it in for the past couple weeks and the rest of them are getting restless.  And the teachers are daydreaming about sleeping in, going to the gym, spending the majority of the day outside and traveling around the state and midwest...... oh wait, that might be me.

Usually I would be outside going for a walk at this time of the day- as I have found it is a great way to start the day. And get some extra calorie burn in.  But the rains and the fact that I have a mountain of laundry are keeping me home for this morning..... oh and I guess i am updating my blog!  :D  Lord have mercy, my hands hurt from typing too.

I have pix to post, but I just don't have the ambition this morning.  I need to start on that mountain of clothes folding and think about my shower, and run out to the garden shed and water my baby tomatoes!  3 weeks of school left for the majority of our kids, so I have to make sure I am ready to go.  The end is in sight, and we have a few things left to learn in art class!

And did I say that Jon and Sarah and Manny and ELLA and Greg and Sarah and Toby and Ruger and of course ELLA are coming to visit!!??!!

This weekend will be a joy!

2 comments:

  1. And if it is a good week, there may be a certain long standing present riding up in the bed of the truck also....

    ReplyDelete