Saturday, July 23, 2011

We were Daaaaaaay-trippers- to Duluth!


The Mad-Art teacher had a great week teaching art again, but it was time to get away for a while.  My dear friend Cat and I took a jaunt up to Ashland and Duluth.  After a short trip for an errand, we stopped by one of the parks  in Ashland so I could take a few lake pictures.  I was fortunate to be able to photograph a storm coming through the area, not so lucky later to be driving in it!


Distant storm


Rough waters
Ashland shoreline


Storm coming closer



During the rain we pulled over for a few minutes
Cat and I are perfect traveling partners, we enjoy the same kinds of adventures, the same types of food, and like the same car temperatures!  It makes for such an enjoyable trip when you find a kindred spirit.


 After traveling to Duluth and shopping up on the hill, we made our way downtown and ate a fine lunch.  Duluth has a very nice system of hallways and walkways that connect the downtown area to various points around the town, including the waterfront.  We were able to walk over by the lake instead of trying to drive there.  Win-win!  We got out of the skywalk by the DECC and made our way to the lake.


Draw bridge


One of several lighthouses

There was rough water and lots of big waves!  Not to mention the wind- makes one's hair quite attractive, don't you think??
Lighthouse and anchor

Spray


2 lighthouses




Watch the waves

Flight
Cat - not getting wet!



I was huddling my camera under my coat... and getting wet!
 Here are a few sort of abstracty pictures
































More pix:


Cool pix of a metal fish!

The bay, Bong bridge in the distance, I think!


Up goes the foot bridge!
















Until next time, day-trips are joyful!  Take one!

7 comments:

  1. Great pics, Debi. Thanks for a view of part of the country I've never traveled before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to second Barbara's comment. I've never been out there either! Thank you so much for sharing and I hope you had an awesome day. BTW, you look pretty skinny in that full body shot! NICE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are amazing pictures! You make me want to go there right now. I love how you and Cat like the same car temps. That's always a biggie for me too, lol. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding shots Debi - thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic pics. I enjoyed your versatility and objectivity. BTW you're are looking quite thin and healthy. Love ya, Deb J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you guys! The thin part is always welcome, but seriously unexpected!

    ReplyDelete