Friday, June 15, 2012

Random musings and various frustrations

I know that everyone expects a joy-filled post here, but sometimes a girl just can't quite hit that note right away in the morning.  I just walked around the house and watered half dead plants, picked up clothes off of an unvacuumed floor, looked up the stairs towards the uncleaned closet containing room. For heaven's sakes I can't even begin to sit at my piano and play because of the stuff I have piled on the bench! UGH.  I have so many things that I want to accomplish this summer, but frankly many of them are a drag!

My list of things to do grows with every corner of the house that I visit, and then I look outside and see flower gardens that need weeding, containers that are not filled with greenery yet and of course there is the gym that calls me CONSTANTLY!  I also have about 3 or 4 blogposts that I want to write, one more that I HAVE to write for my own emotional health and then so many other little - yet important - things.....

So I have to sit down in a few minutes, after Mr. Distracting is gone for the day and prioritize.  And then do a quick prayer or something to ensure that I can indeed go canoeing tonight.

This is the problem with having a random, abstract brain function- so many distractions - so little time.  And I always feel like I should be reading or painting or doing my concrete art, none of which I have done yet....  well, times awasting!  I imagine that if I didn't spend so much time at the gym and on the road walking I might get a few more things crossed off the list..... but we all know that isn't going to happen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment