Saturday, November 10, 2012

Rainy Saturday Morning

I was prepared this morning to get a lot done, but I had no idea that it would be inside things instead of outside things.  So apparently the last several objects that should be moved to the garage, dug into the garden and the brussel sprouts that need rescuing will have to wait.

So after dragging my sorry self out of bed today, oh was I tired, I began thinking about what to do.  And in typical Debi fashion I sort of veered this way and that!  I started off by planning to make a lentil/bulger chili and maybe reorganize the upstairs a little.  I am having a "little" company next week.

So I made oatmeal, which led to me discovering a package of barley that had seen better days, this is while I was searching for where the dried cherries went to.....  I decided I could clean that shelf, and then expanded it to the entire cupboard upon further inspection.  After taking everything out, I decided it could certainly use new shelf paper, and then of course I had to touch up the paint a little too.....  You see where this is going.  And btw, I did have the oatmeal and it was delish.

While doing that I found the lentils and started cooking the lentil chili, which I will blog in a little while.  It is fabulous!  YUM MO.  Of course, now I have to find a place in the frig for it, but that shouldn't be a problem, since I cleaned out one of the shelves in the frig as well....  Yeah, I know.

There was literally NOTHING on tv that I wanted to listen to, so I turned on Spotify and found an app there called Bluenote- and I am presently listening to a Blues Radio.  A Jeff Healey Band is playing and I LOVE it.  Just the right thing to be cleaning and cooking and relining shelves to.

While cleaning and cooking and relining shelves and listening to Blues, my mind has the freedom to wander (really??) and I began using Siri to make notes and reminders and shopping lists for myself.  I love her!!  My new phone is amazing, I am so glad I got it.  Siri is wonderful, I don't need my reading glasses, which are usually "lost" on the top of my head, and I have everything saved that I thought of so far this morning.  SCORE for the short of memory sort!  :) I set up the phone almost all by myself last Wednesday evening, though I was fraught with anxiety, and a nice, young, southern gentleman from AT&T held my virtual hand through the whole thing and we got it accomplished.  He was very patient and helpful and professional and he laughed at my stupid jokes, so he got a glowing review the next day when AT&T texted me their survey.

So now I am on the verge of finishing the first shelf, completely, and going onto the next one.  I am hoping for a break in the rain so I can get a walk in.  I will walk regardless, there is such a thing as an umbrella.... and a raincoat..... and a plastic bag so Siri doesn't get all wet.

Onward!!  I hope to be slightly more linear this afternoon, but we all know that isn't going to happen.  That is how the Mad Art Teacher rolls!

Until later- be a joy giver!!


No comments:

Post a Comment