(I began this yesterday, when it was actually Wednesday, and felt like Sunday)
- First of all, being a Gramma is the most freaking awesome thing and FaceTime makes life worth living. Lol, well having FaceTime so one can visit with ones baby grandgirl does. I am channeling Sunday and feeling like they will be calling soon, but alas it is NOT Sunday.
- I began the new year with no less than 3 challenges. A crunches challenge, a plank challenge and a push-up challenge. OH yeah, also I am going to start working on a pull-ups challenge. As in I am challenging myself to be able to do at least 2 unassisted pull-ups by the end of the year. Honey, it drives me insane that I can't do one or two. I mean, it seems I should have enough strength. Blah.
- This winter is being quite assertive. Isn't that a nice way to put it? Assertive. Actually this winter is being a PITA. We've had close to a couple feet of snow, and the cold has been with us- a LOT. Now I hear next Monday and Tuesday mornings we could have wind chill warnings with BRUTAL temperatures. sigh. Positive note: I've been able to snow shoe! Of course not when the wind-chills are -40, but still!
- Other than a preChristmas cookie fest, I am feeling quite zen about my eating. This is NOT something that I have ever in my life been able to say. I am in the process of getting myself out of diet mentality and into thinking about the many other things in my life other than what I can and can't eat yet today. It is a terrifying and freeing process. More to come on this subject. It is a deeply different idea than we are used to hearing about both here and in the media. Once again, this huge, alarmist, diet industry is driven my the media and it is eye opening when you are aware of it and are trying to combat it.
- Unbelievably, there is only 3 weeks left in the 1st semester. This is astonishing to me! I have a lot to do in the next 3 weeks AND that means that I will have to also prepare for new classes soon. Wow.
- I am such a procrastinator sometimes, it drives me crazy. Lol, I get anxiety thinking about the above statement and knowing how much I have to do. :) Yet, I will be working on it, you guessed it, at the last minute.
- I am really excited about all the room that I am creating upstairs right now. While the job is not done yet, I am over half way through it all, and it is REALLY nice to have it organized. Out to the library, transfer station and thrift shop has gone many boxes and bags and there will be more to come. It is amazing how much stuff you can acquire over the years.... And I didn't even save all that much.
- I took down all my Christmas stuff yesterday. I have 3 boxes of Christmas stuff I either don't use, don't want or don't have room for anymore. The children better speak up or the whole lot is going to the above mentioned locations! :) I will keep the best of it (that I ran out of room for) and the rest is going to have to relocate. It is hard to decide what to do with things you still like, but because of my remodeling, I have so much less surface to put things on. AND it was amazing to slide the boxes easily into their designated location in a very neat and organized closet!! #ftw!!
Mostly, I want to continue being NOT stressed out by things I can't control. I don't NEED to spend my life obsessed with things in the environment or the government or things I hear in the media that I have no ability to change directly. My anxiety level gets too high. If you think I am a weakling or wuss because of it, so be it. What I will be is - happier than you! :) After living for 50 some years, you learn which battles to fight, which worries to allow and what things and people should be important (and unimportant) in life. I have addressed this already in many ways, and every so often I find another thing that I have to think about and deal with. There are so many good people in my life, I will always put the effort into being a great friend to them. The people who try to bring me down or belittle me, well they are just going to quietly fall to the side of the road that I am traveling on. Of course I know that life cannot be one big love and hug fest, but it is possible to avoid a lot of unnecessary stressors. Chances are that if you are reading this, you are one of the ones worth the effort. Because you ALL bring me so much joy.
Off to Thursday/Monday and a short week of school!