Saturday, June 14, 2014

Gloomy days and purple flowers

It was a grey day here in Northern WI, but I got some sunny shots yesterday!  And there were some that I was really pleased with.

Siberian Iris

It was a bit of a down day for me.  I packed a LOT of living into these last several days- from finishing up school, to traveling north to Lake Superior, to cleaning and working out and walking and biking and gardening.  And today, I was a bit uninspired.  And the weather didn't help any.  I was actually expecting it to be a bit brighter in the morning and was a little let down when it was rainy.  I did manage to get in a bike ride though!  So, I expect to regroup for tomorrow and push on with it all.  In the meantime, I decided that, instead of zoning out in front of the tv, I would post these pix.
First up, one of my bees happened to be visiting the daylily (first one open) that I was photographing.  It was a real happy accident to get that flying bee, and then I snapped several as he was happily gathering pollen.  You will notice how lovely yesterday was in these photos. 


Honey bee in flight



Pollination 

As I went through looking for some of the new blossoms in the flower gardens, I noticed that most of them are mostly purple/blue tones- very pretty!  I knew that it wasn't the best to be shooting pix in this harsh lighting but I love the brightness, and that seems to be how I roll.  

Amsonia

Iris-one of my "fancier" ones.  Naturally the colorful ones are pathetic growers.  Lol- next to it is nepata: catmint

Lupines


Perennial bachelor button- centauria  montana

Perennial geranium sanguineum

chive blossom with bumblebee

Another purple iris opening- not my favorite one, but of course this one gives me tons of blooms.

Another color of perennial geranium-might be Geranium sanguineum “Max Frei” 

So after a busy day of gardening and other stuff, we went for an impromptu ride to escape the mosquitos and ended up down at the park in Fifield.

Flambeau River via Movrich Park



It was such a pretty moment in time!  A beautiful end to the day.  I am hoping to regain my mojo tomorrow and feel like getting things accomplished, as it did not happen today.  I need to have my occasional days to regroup and re-energize.  There are a lot of things coming up in the few short months of summer.  

Until next time, be a joy giver and get yourself a good night's sleep!  

No comments:

Post a Comment