Saturday, August 9, 2014

annoying update, plus....

So, this Lymes thing is annoying as all get-out.  (what does that even mean?? all get out?) I have been laying pretty low trying to basically recover, but I was just outside for an hour.  Merely carrying some watering cans to the tomatoes and I feel like I've been out for a 5 mile walk. EXHAUSTION!!!  BOOOOOO  What is this nonsense???

I seriously don't appreciate the crimp this is putting in my ability to accomplish things that I want to.  Yes I am being impatient, but times a ticking away toward the end of August.  Oh well.  At least the tomatoes are tended to.  I am going to sit here for a little while and rest and then go out and do a little bit of flower gardening before the sun gets too warm and miss sissy skin here might get sunburned from the antibiotic making her sun sensitive.  Yeah, that is a hoot as well.  

Then there is my appetite which I have no idea what is with that.  I still do not find much joy in eating anything sweet, aside from fruit.  I eat a little and get full fast and then feel hungry and then not.   I feel funny yet, which I am going to chalk up to the antibiotics again. I can't place my finger on it, but it started before the Doxycline.  Funny taste in my mouth, can't do sweet things at all, overall sort of bleh feeling.  Its weird, I usually feel great. 

Makes me wonder a few things, such as, can I go to the gym by Monday which is my plan, AND how the heck am I going to do the Dirty Girl obstacle course next Saturday??  I guess I'll walk and do my best.  

I know there are worse things in the world, but hey, I've said it before.  It's my blog and I'll whine if I want to!  :)

Postitives: 
  •  I just had a bowl of some of the most sublime cantaloupe EVAH!!!   
  •  I made refrigerator bread and butter pickles last night, and made a small batch of dilly beans Thursday night!  
  • We now have at least 5 packages of WILD raspberries in the freezer.  We knew all that rain in the spring and early summer would be good for something!
  • We have NEW RED POTATOES, and garlic mashed potatoes will happen tonight!  YAY
  • I went for a road trip yesterday with the Mad-English teacher and we hit up the Minocqua Farmers Market, a thrift store where I got 3 pairs of jeans for less that 30 dollars, AND we went to the new Golden Harvest Market in Rhinelander- they opened a new store front and it is FANTABULOUS!!  
  • I got more Hodag bread at Golden Harvest- my favorite kind of bread ever, besides the Asaigo Jalapeno Bread from a little goat cheese lady at the Farmers Market.  
So there is all that.  The grandchildren are on the radar soon, so I just ignore the negatives, do what I can and press on to the fun stuff.

And that is sure to be a joy!

2 comments:

  1. I have learned to space out my tasks between just sitting, and the fine art of just sitting and savoring. When you are used to being active it is difficult. Pushing is not going to get you better faster in your case. And yeah, it's your blog and you can whine if you want to, whine if you want to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pep talk, Rachelle! I will pace myself for sure

    ReplyDelete