Friday, May 22, 2015

Long weekend coming up

Memorial Day weekend is about to arrive, as is graduation and a whole host of other things that goes with it.  I am feeling a tad bit unsettled this Friday morning.

First I have to say that these last few weeks of school are tough on everyone involved.  I saw some sort of twitter post that said something about #100daysofMay and wow that can't be more true.  This past week has been going SO slow.  Today is awards day, the seniors are done- they checked out yesterday. (Some of them checked out about 2 weeks ago, but I digress) Anyway, I have company in the area tomorrow so I am not positive what I will be doing about graduation.  Certainly I will be sending cards out, but I don't think that parties are in the plans.  Parties are such a minefield these days, you will find most of the Chequamegon teachers NOT attending.

So my Mad-Middle son and his lovely family will be up here and staying out at their house.  That is so awesome for them, lots of projects will be in the works, but unfortunately I won't be seeing them as much as I might.  Of course Grandma (and mom) are being very selfish and is mourning the loss of early morning baby and doggie time.  It might be hard to hit that perfect mix of visiting frequently but not being a pest.  :)

I kayaked again last night and found a very disturbing fact- I can't get that kayak on top of my car myself.  I also have to search for some sort of a rack that will hold it on it's side so it doesn't crush my antennae.  Of course is was pointed out to me by a couple of people that I could push it in the back of the car........  sometimes I amaze myself with the fact that I don't always see the easy way to do things.  Like ever.

And along those lines, I should probably have skipped the kayak last night and let my -ahemhealingcough  - arm rest a day.  But I do get caught up in excitement and REEEEEALLLLY wanted to go, and as a result I have a bit of a sore forearm and elbow today.  Ah well.  It was a great paddle.  And I will ignore the fact that it woke me up about 5 times last night.

So my plan tonight is to either bike ride or weed my flower garden.  I might try to get both in actually.  Guess I will have to see what the evening brings.

Writing out these thoughts has helped me pinpoint my little anxieties this morning.  One I know is there is that I will spend the whole weekend alone while everyone else is out doing fun things.  I know that is totally unreasonable and actually untrue.  But that is where my brain is at today.  Sometimes my thought process is a real nuisance.  I really do need summer vacation asap.

Hope your day is looking great and you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend everyone!  Go out there and be the a joy-giver!

No comments:

Post a Comment