Friday, June 17, 2016

And away we will soon go!

Wow you guys! This is amazing. I'm sitting - hopefully out of the way- on the previously mentioned screen porch drinking a little coffee and supervising Lucky the dog, hoping he doesn't start barking. The little darling. Lol.  So the adventure is about to begin- the real party is about to start. I can hardly believe this!!

It doesn't seem like that long ago that I installed my count down app (and I have a mini trip later in the summer counting down too) let alone signed up to go in the first place. Instead of 400 some days- I have 4 hours. 

I feel so fortunate to be here only 30 minutes from the airport. I actually slept a decent amount and feel pretty good! I keep forgetting that this first part only gets me to New York- like that wouldn't be a great place to visit again- and the next leg doesn't begin until late afternoon. 

I have plenty of things with me and room in my luggage to bring some things back- so this should all be good. I know that I have some people following my flight number, which is a cool thing too. Good weather is forecast for everywhere today! And all the rain that was in the forecast over in Italy has pretty much dissipated other than one day- Monday!  It was hard to pack for a warm place when it has been a cool June here so far. 

Anyway, I'm not going to go on and on as I want to preserve battery on the phone and I'm not knowing what else to mention.  I am not sure if I'll have wifi regularly or not, so whether a post gets written again before 6/28 I just can't say! Thanks to all the people who have listened to me yak about this trip. All of you all who have read this and can't wait for pictures (lol- oh the pressure), my hubs and family who have watched me slowly wind myself up into a frenzy, my good friends in town who hopefully didn't roll their collective eyes at me, my sister who hasn't put me in a choke hold quite yet, and my amazing friends who text me daily and keep me grounded. I'm so lucky to have you. So so lucky. 

So until I write again in a few or more days- Buongiorno and arrivederci!!
And have a joyful June. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment