Friday, April 17, 2020

sweet surprises

I know that I have been a bit negative on my  blog here, but sometimes just writing out sad words helps for a few minutes. So I thought I would write a more positive thing for once.

I just got my mail and a friend of mine who I last saw almost a year ago at my retirement party sent me little thoughtful gift in the mail.  I am not positive but maybe they read this??  the last few angsty posts I have done I have not put on the social media.  Because they are mostly just for me.  But anyway, it was so nice and I am touched.  I have a few cards I need to write anyway, and now I have another.  but that is just fine.  what a sweet surpise.

Then I set my camera up with my long lens and tripod and was taking a few bird pictures.  and while I went in to get a coat on because jeez its cold here still, the little assholes flew away and didnt come back.  Lol.  fine.

so amongst all that commotion the Mad-youngest son Mikey came over and he made me a table top easel!  how cool is that?  I had talked about it with him at one point, so that is super.   

I do have 2 others who send me random things that make me smile and sometimes giggle at the crazy.  Seems like they always come at just the right time lately.  I have needed the laughter again.

So  yeah, while yesterday was pretty horrible, today has definitely been a turn for now.  Just getting outside and seeing the snow has mostly melted does make things seem better.  

Thank you to my people.  you know who you are.  and to random acts of kindness  because we all need it.

You may notice that I often don't have a capital letter where one belongs...  and random comment explained:  about a year ago I sloshed wine on my laptop (I was not sloshed, slosh is a verb here, not an adjective!) and my right hand shift key has never quite recovered.  lol  It works but it still sticks....  oy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment