Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day, a day or two late!!

Oh it was a very nice Mother's Day!

I like to celebrate events in a an extended fashion, and Mother's Day was right up my alley!  It all started with Mikey bringing over a very nice little floral arrangement from Greg and himself.  So "artsy", so unconventional, so ME!  Cool!


 Actual Mother's Day was spent with my husband instead of the kids!  Which is fine, I will see them in a few weeks.  We started off the day with a trip to my favorite local greenhouse- The Winter Greenhouse. We began with a tour of their springtime gardens.....


We saw bloodroots in flower,
we walked around and saw the bulbs blooming and the adorable pond.....


I discovered a very interesting little frog....

Little frog
But best of all, I bought a few things!  I have to replace some of my Heucheras which froze off this winter, plus a few other goodies including a new variety of Eryngium (Sea Holly) and some Carpthian mint.  There were a few other things, but they are going to be gifts, and I don't want to spill the proverbial beans!

In the afternoon, the Mad-Accountant suggested we go for a drive out to the Stockfarm bridge.  He knows that I am always on the lookout for a photo opportunity!  And photogenic it was.  In spite of the fact that there was little green to be found yet, it was warm and almost sunny.  I looked longingly off towards Glidden where my dear friend Cathy lives in a little place called Shanagolden.  Sounds lovely, doesn't it?  However, the M-A and his cousin, the Barber, were on a mission to drive every gravel backroad west of Butternut.  We covered a lot of territory- saw a LOT of trees.






I topped off the night by finishing up the mosaic piece that I began a week ago!  It turned out pretty well.  I bought some premixed grout instead of making up my own.  I chose white, when I really did want grey, but I think the results are fine.  I believe the recipient of this piece will enjoy it- I'll tell you who later!

Finally, I have not completed my Mother's Day celebration!  In a couple weeks I will be going to Janesville and then attending my first Brewer's game.  Wa Hoo!  Looking forward to that, and you can bet I will let you know how that went.  All of this driving and traveling just might make me Mad!!  :)  At least it isn't snowing....

Until next time, celebrate the big things and the little things- and always find the joy!

1 comment:

  1. Winter Greenhouse is my favorite greenhouse ever! I just love looking around your life with your snapshots. You have so many of the same interests as me :)

    ReplyDelete