Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Little Shop Scenery in Progress...

I have been bouncing around with the scenery for this play- running the gamut from excited to terrified to clueless to irritated, and that was just after school yesterday.  I have a wonderful group of students helping me, let me be clear on that!  HOWEVER, they are goofy after school.  I'm just sayin'.  And now I have to tell the juniors and seniors not to yell at the freshmen!!  SHEESH people.

Play nice folks


They actually laughed at me when I told them that they all would be gone next year and I need the new people when they leave.  I don't think they thought about it in quite those terms.


Please just paint the bricks- not each other
I am going through my hardest part of the  school year.  End of the third quarter is tough, long weeks, rotten weather, cooped up kids.

Meanwhile back in the art room, they are dressing my skeleton......

 Spring sports are here, ready to take my workers away after school.  Seniors are getting kooky, the stress of getting everything together for a production is getting to the cast and the crew. And the director and the queen of the stage. I will spend a huge amount of time at school for the next 2 weeks, and then grades are due right after the play is done.  There will be a couple art shows that go up soon after the play is finished, as well.....  Along with my grade school teaching and lack of time in that school, it is going to be a tough spring for me.  But, I will get through it, one task at a time.
Power tools, paint brushes, all the same to me...

So Little Shop has a set stage, not much moving to do this year, not like last year had!  But this one will have it's own little set of challenges.  Most of them involving Audrey- do you know how hard it is to keep people out of the mouth of the giant plant?  I'm sort of wanting to go take a nap inside of her, myself.
Taped up flat for bricks- exterior scene


Here are a few shots of taping and painting.  This will all look so totally different in one. short. week.  Full dress and makeup rehearsal next Monday!

Which reminds me, I have to go and check out the makeup supplies.....  and on I go.


Oh look- an actor snuck into the area!


Putting a brace back on- for some reason they don't want the flat to fall on them!!



Fine, paint the door red!  

Step and floor painting

The endless bricks

Will become the dentist office

floor painting

Another awesome painter!

Bricks, bricks, bricks
Somedays, you have to search a little more for your joy!  It's there, keep looking.

1 comment:

  1. I truly appreciate all the hard work that goes into putting on such a performance! Check out my post ... we had just gone to Wausau to watch our oldest granddaughter in the Junior High version of Alice in Wonderland.' It was unbelievable, absolutely fantastic!
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete