Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rare rainbow run

It is Tuesday!  It is a day I need to run.



  I want to train for a 10 K later in the summer (don't know where yet) and so I have decided to run shorter routes on Tuesday and Thursday and then a longer run on either Saturday or Sunday.  I amazingly enough can already run 5 K, (shut the front door!!) and so this seems like a logical step. 
I had been diddling around at home after a faculty meeting and  technology session, having decided to do my back workout on Wednesday instead of Tuesday, ( So much decision making to this workout stuff!) and wanted to run outside.  So I was looking at the sky and since it was looking decidedly lighter to the west and north, I assumed I would be good for a trek up the road.

Off I went, juggling a little water and my phone- texting while running is nearly impossible- and finally hit my rhythm.  I did a lot of running, a little walking and I went a little farther than the Outhouse bar, turned around and came back towards home.  It had been so potentially sunny looking to the west!  And then I faced the east.  I was seeing some darkish clouds that were drifting in from the north east for heavens sakes, I was watching it with definite interest.   Not much I could do, regardless.  And sure enough, just a little way from Omaha road, there is a magical  rainbow appearing!!  Isn't that cool??


Which is about the time I started to feel the raindrops.....  So I hastily stuck my phone, which is in my Spibelt, under my shirt, and eventually had to tuck it into the waistband of my tights for extra protection. 


 You can't see it, as I took only a couple pictures, but there is a double rainbow here.


Eventually, as the COLD rain fell from the sky ever harder and harder, the rainbow got bigger and eventually became a full double.  Running in the rain, with the sun shining and a double rainbow??  It must have been my lucky night.  Except for the fact I got pretty dang wet!



Smiley faces-


I need to know this - cause I notice when you're smilin'
Out in the sun havin' fun and you're feelin' free
And I can tell you know how hard this life can be
But you keep on smilin' for me

What went right? What went wrong?
Was it the story - or was it the song?
Was it overnight - or did it take you long?
Was knowing your weakness what made you strong?

Or all the above - oh how I love to see you smilin'
And oh yeah - take a little pain just in case
You need something warm to embrace
To help you put on a smilin' face
Hey, put on a smilin' face


And I found a smile and some joy at the end of the rainbow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment