Hey everybody!!!!It's that time of the year we all wait for!!! Or at least I do
It's BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!!!!
For those of you who do not know-Birthday month is the month - of course - that your birthday lives in. There are a set of rules, totally made up by me in this case, that one needs to follow!
Birthday month rules- the Mad-Art Teacher way:
1. Do something nice for yourself every day! This does not have to include spending money on this nice thing, but you know that doesn't hurt one single bit!! :) Whether it is going for a fabulously long walk, reading a book, getting a pedicure, drinking your coffee on the deck..... having "sparklers" at night. Any and all of it counts and you should be extra generous to yourself when you can be.
**see note below
2. My own personal rule is to go out for lunch with good friends as often as humanly possible. I happen to love to go out for lunch and I love my friends and I don't get to go out very often during most of the school year, so it seems natural for this to happen in July! If you are a friend of mine, or heck, would like to be and you want to go out for lunch during July (or for that matter any month of the year!!) please do call me. I'm there!!!
3. AVOID JOY STEALERS. Seriously, we all know this is my occasional sign off on my blog, so I am all about this anyway, but during BIRTHDAY MONTH???? Stay away from me!!! If you SEE a joy stealer sneaking up on me I want you to wrestle them to the ground (like you would a 1st grader for a cupcake) (oh wait, that is me who would do that, never mind) and YELL for me to run. Even if my knee is a little gimpy right now, I will sacrifice it to get away from someone who wants to bum me out.
4. I am going to attempt to take a picture of the day for July. I am not sure what that exactly is going to entail, but I'm going to do it. I'll let you know what that winds up being later on. I'd also LOVE to get to my weight loss goal this month, but am not sure if I will be able to accomplish that or not. This last 7 is going really SLOW! Grrr.
5. I plan to tell my friends as often as I can how much I appreciate them, because giving during birthday month is JUST as important as getting. Because without my friends and family, joy would not be possible.
Until next time, be a joy-giver and don't forget to start celebrating your birthday month!!
Now if you will excuse me, I have a cup of coffee that needs to be sipped out on the deck! What a joy!!
**If you are one of those people, and you know who you are, that don't like their birthdays (don't make me start naming names here- I just thought of 3 of you off the TOP of my head) we all know you will celebrate birthday month now, if only in your own head!! hehehe I am insidious in that way!