Monday, December 24, 2012

Holiday confusion

Now this is not going to surprise anyone- I am really feeling adrift today!

Of course I torture myself over so many, many things in this life, but this is a weird thing.  My Christmas has been turned on it's ear.  I had Christmas already- STRANGE.  Our typical Christmas eve is totally altered this year. Suddenly.  VERY strange.  And then what is Tuesday going to be?  Christmas, but I already did that.  So now what?

At least some of the kids will be home, so that is a really good thing, and I will see them all again this weekend, which is delightful.  I also will see my siblings and my mom, which is also delightful!  So now I have to come up with some new/alternative traditions to use.  This is definitely a transition year for me.  I am having the kids choose something for me to make for dinner tonight and Christmas day, then I don't have to actually make the decision!  win/win

I will be starting my day by doing a really long walk, as I have a lot of ick in my system, and then will be figuring out what to do for the next few days.  I have a feeling it will involve a lot of time outside.  I mean, why not, right?!

And I will be trying to find joy in a new tradition sort of way!


No comments:

Post a Comment