Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Chocolate "Ice Cream" - Raw and Clean!!



I am a chocolate fiend.  It is something that I crave and something that comforts me~ and ice cream?  Well, yeah, I can do ice cream.  I DON'T do ice cream very often, but that doesn't mean it is out of the question.  So- what can you have that is very much like ice cream, but without all the unnecessary "stuff"? 
Why, some banana chocolate ice cream!!  Before you pooh pooh this, you need to try it!  It is SO good!!  I got this recipe from Tanya at The Sunday Baker- if I hadn't gotten sick, I would have made it the day she posted, but I just couldn't.  I'm glad I did later, though, because it is GREAT.  You will find her post way prettier!  I was photographing my rendition under duress- construction duress!  

Banana, peanut butter, cinnamon, vanilla and cocoa- that's IT!  YUM!!!!  If you get natural peanut butter, it is raw and clean.



The ingredients are very simple, the only thing you need to do is slice up 2 bananas and put them in the freezer!  Takes an hour or so for them to freeze solidly.



Process the bananas for a while- until they get all smooth and creamy...


Add in the other ingredients- peanut butter, cinnamon, cocoa and vanilla.  If you don't want chocolate, you can just put in the vanilla, or you could switch to almond butter or cashew butter, or maybe add in a few mini chocolate chips when it is done being processed..... oh the possibilities are endless!


If you don't stop all the time to take pix, you can do this really fast and have a frosty, frozen, very ice creamy treat!


If you eat the whole thing- it is approximately 300 calories, depending on the size of the bananas- if you split it with someone, though the word "why?" springs to mind, it would be less than that!  :)

Creamy Banana Chocolate "Ice Cream"

2 frozen sliced bananas
1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter
1 Tablespoon cocoa
1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla
1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon

Process bananas in food processor until smooth and creamy- this takes a few minutes.  Keep scraping down the bowl.
Add PB, cocoa, cinnamon and vanilla.  Process a little more, until combined.

Eat it and enjoy or return to freezer for a while, though you won't be able to stop yourself.....

And it will give you a lot of JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment