Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Roasted chickpeas-

 So I had talked about these chickpeas in an earlier post, and I actually had someone request this!  I am sorry it took me so long, my buddy Phil!

This is really easy and straight-forward AND you can adjust the seasonings as you wish!  Seasoned salt, chili powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, I am sure the possibilities are endless.  Parmesan cheese?  Cinnamon and sugar??  Oh my goodness.  Go get that can of chickpeas out of the cupboard and get roasting!!
Let the chickpeas (canned or home cooked) dry for a half hour  on the pan
Roast for 45 min. stirring every 10 min or so- the KEY is to start with a cold oven
When finished, toss with seasoning of your choice


Roasted Chickpeas
As seen on the website: theleangreenbean.com 

 1. Rinse the chickpeas and put them on a baking sheet. Pat them dry with a paper towel and then let them sit and dry some more for about half an hour.
2. Toss with olive oil and season with desired spices- I tried cayenne pepper and Spike Seasoning the first time.
3. Put the pan in the oven BEFORE you turn the oven on.
4. Turn the oven on to 425 degrees and roast them for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 min or so.
5. Shut the oven off and leave them in there for about an hour and a half*
6. Transfer to container and enjoy!  They are so nice and crispy!!
*If you leave to go somewhere they can stay in there longer than that because the oven will just keep getting colder.
Be somewhat generous with the seasonings- I found that mine started out pretty mild.

A nice handful equals ABOUT 120 calories...  and a nice kick of protein.

Something to be joyful for!  







No comments:

Post a Comment