Monday, December 22, 2014

A weight lifting hiatus that needs to end

Today was the first day that I got back upstairs to do some weightlifting- such as it is- since I was sick almost 2 weeks ago.  I feel exhausted from both the day and the extra bit of energy you can give to lifting when you haven't for a while.  These last 2 days before Christmas break are killers. NO ONE wants to be there, and let me tell you, contrary to what the kids say, we ARE doing something at school.  Don't believe them if the say that they didn't do anything all day.  That is bogus.

Anywho, I have a lead on a semi acceptable gym that I sort of forgot about at one of the motels in town.  I am going to go and check it out, but I plan to continue using my home gym, as the convenience of being home is hard to beat.

I have to say that there are some good things that I have discovered being without a gym for a while.  First, my hand and arm numbness is pretty much gone- so no waking up not able to feel my hands.  Next, knee pain I had been having is gone, too.  I have been able to do some good low squats using the big kettle bell for extra challenge.  Another plus is I have been able to really pack a lot of workout into a short period of time, so I've been able to get a few more things done at home during the week.

BUT I miss the people, I miss the challenge and I miss the workout.  I NEED to do some hard core bench pressing, some lat pull-downs, and bar work.  I need to get back to it.

Unless something else opens up here (note to anyone interested: there is a void here and it needs to be filled!) I will have to make due with my own little setup and hopefully can fill in the gaps with the equipment that the motel has.  Better than nothing, let me tell you.

On that note~ look hard for the joy that has been missing in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment