Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Just the thing

Here it is already the 25 of October and I have only blogged once.  I tell you- this school year is insane.  And this weirdly warm weather has kept me participating in the outside activities that keep my from computer.  Which, you know, is fine too. Mostly when I do sit down at night,  I can barely think, so blogging is not high on the list of things I can do without actual functioning brain power.

Arms full of girlies


Last week I took a lil trip to LaCrosse, WI for the Wisconsin Art Ed Association Art convention for 2 days.  It was a super trip and there is a lot of new stuff that is in my art teaching trunk of  goodies.  And then after that was done, I drove on down to Janesville and spent a little downtime with the Mad-oldest son and his lovely wife Sarah Grace, and of course the grand girls from the south.  OH my, this was exactly what I needed.

The Mississippi River at 7 am- did the 5K!


This is incredibly big- the pic does no justice 
The first 6 weeks of school have been intense and fast.  I literally never sit down, except for Fridays when I grade my high school kids during class time.  The days go so fast and I, being the person that I am, like to do new things and of course that means even more time making new stuff.  And throw in a new class with an hour less prep time and there for less time to do more....  oy.  But whatev.


Chatted with the keynote speaker- Cassie Stephens.
I really don't know that I have ever felt so completely relaxed after a time away as I was this time.  I am not sure why, but it recharged my batteries like never before.  LaCrosse is pretty stress-free.  Not a huge town, easy to navigate, really great scenery (Mississippi River, people!) and some good eats and drinks....  then of course there was that whole grandchildren thing for a couple days!

That bridge!


We had a great time going to the Enchanted Forest - which was an evening, lit-with-candles walk from fairy tale to fairy tale, with a twist!  And we saw a science festival earlier in the day. Combine with some power shopping in the afternoon, and a little Mexican food in the evening before the night walk and you have a great day!


I went to school feeling super great and actually, I have recovered pretty quickly from the last few days.  The end of the quarter comes this Friday and we are all working towards getting the kids caught  up with their work and finish up grading and such.  Boy do I have a pile of stuff to grade.


Anyway, I know I have done other things this month- coughahemBayfield- but I am now too tired to think of what those things were, but there is always tomorrow!  :)


Which is true of life for the most part- there IS always tomorrow.  And that is sure to be a joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment