Monday, May 14, 2012

Finished spiral staircase pix and stone cabin steps

In their never ending quest to "finish the cabin" The MA and Bob the Barber (who is indeed a barber!) worked on framing up and putting in a cement and rock stair in front of the porch of the cabin.  They did that on Saturday afternoon and then the MA had to go back after supper and do some finish work. I walked back for one more bit of exercise for the day and found him doing a questionable job on this.  Sketchy even.  
I have a little experience in concrete work- no, I have a LOT of experience in concrete work.  You will notice who is finishing the steps.  I had to find a makeshift cloth to properly smooth down the concrete, and along with a little water was able to make it look good.  I did not get back to reshoot the finished product, but I will.  They took the forms off on Sunday.



 So, the cabin got cleaned up and I was able to take pictures without all the junky clutter in the background that was from all the construction.  Nice to have a clean background- well, mostly.




On a side note, here is a shot of the way the logs fit together

So, of course the cabin isn't done.  Guess they will do that next weekend!  :)

1 comment: