Sunday, May 13, 2012

Unexpected delight

I went on a Photoshoot tonight!  I will go more into that tomorrow but on the way to an undisclosed destination, we passed this:



I spotted this little figure, that is about 3 feet high on the way past it.  It caught my attention, as I am always on the look out for something unusual.  It is so cool!  Made entirely out of white birch, I totally appreciate the unique look and the use of the natural materials to create this dog!  The eyes are where the bark is sort of separated and darkened.  A really good use of the characteristics of the wood and bark.




I don't know how long this has been there, but it is pretty awesome.  What a cool thing to discover on a random road in Northern WI!  

I hope you can find your joy in an unexpected place as well- maybe up here in northern WI!!

No comments:

Post a Comment