Wednesday, July 4, 2012

DONE for now, or ..... tale of the summer fingernail

I am finally done with my orders for next year!  I am a terrible procrastinator and put off until the last minute filling out, on line, my orders for supplies that I need to begin the school year in September.  So I had my elementary orders done and my hs orders nearly done when I went to submit them on Friday evening- which was technically the deadline for the first round.  Well, low and behold, I go to do that and ka-pow.  The website was down for maintenance.  SERIOUSLY?????  So, I emailed our intrepid principals and throw myself on the mercy of the court.  Lol, a few other people were in the same predicament, so it was ok.  Whew.  So, in my usual way, Monday at some point I went to submit the Elementary order and of course there was a glitch I didn't know how to fix.  Call school.... talk to the genius there who is our financial officer and had to get her to fix some things.  Oy.  She is a wonderful, patient person.  You will notice that it is another whole day plus later and I finally finished up my HS orders.  YAY.

So WHAT you might ask does that have to do with a fingernail??  If you want to really know what the whole summer fingernail thing is about you need to message me or something. I am guessing the majority of you who actually want to know, already do!  It is weird and slightly embarrassing, sort of, but I don't care.  It is just me.

Among other things, my summer fingernail occurs at a time when my hands are not constantly in water and art supplies, so it, along with the rest, get a chance to actually grow out.  That does not happen for the rest of the year. It is a fun to paint it up and make it look snazzy.  It was looking a little tattered and natty, as was my mood last week.  Monday, I took the time, under strict orders from my dear friend Jane, to repaint and decorate my summer fingernail as a transition into birthday month and definitely as  reminder to find my joy each and every day during the month of July.  I did paint it on July 1 and though I hadn't blogged about it until today, I am glad that I got my transition out of the way on July 1 and the rest of this fair month has been pretty rocking awesome.  As a matter of fact, July 3 was stellar! And July 4 is turning out to be pretty good too. AND thank you from the bottom of my heart for the birthday month wishes, by the way....

TRANSITION TIME!!
STEP 1: Remove all traces

STEP 2:  Begin to decide on what to decorate your nail with....  decisions, decisions

Start with a base color

End up with something that looks much more patriotic than you intended!
A little more cleaned up and tidy!

SO, here is to an improved attitude and outlook. Turns out I won't actually implode if I can't exercise for a couple days.  WHO KNEW!?  AND it is a great feeling to be done with those orders hanging over my head.  NOW, I need to order a few things for my trip at the end of the month. I don't think that I will be putting that off for quite so long!!

Sometimes we need a little help finding our joys!

No comments:

Post a Comment