Saturday, April 13, 2013

Guac and lentil rollups- plus cocoa almonds!

I have been really hungry for something with avocados lately, and I picked some up today at the grocery.  So NOW what??  I didn't want to make just plain, old (but good) guacamole and had some wraps around..... and so I did some Pinterest searching.  I saw a few things that involved avocados, and something that was a wrap, and another that talked about having salad as a snack....  so this all sort of happened from a crazy combination of things that included me be too lazy to actually cook!

I had some couscous and lentils left over in the frig from earlier this week.

  It is a simple combination of plain lentils and couscous that is a cinch to make and use like rice.  So I combined the couscous/lentils with chopped tomato

Some red, sweet pepper,


a good squeeze of lime and some chopped onion,


a half of an avocado,


And a little Spanish olive oil



I mixed it up and added a little seasoned salt (I used Spike) and put it on a wrap


60 calories!

I sprinkled with a little black pepper feta, but if you want it vegan that is easy to leave off!!  So many possibilities for alteration and variation.  This was easy and fast, plus has lots of great veggies, and healthy fats.  SCORE!!

Guacamole and lentil/couscous rollups
all measurements are approximate 

1/2 - 3/4 cup couscous and lentils 
(Just cook some couscous in water according to directions and then add a can of cooked lentils)
1/3 cup chopped tomato
1/2 diced avocado
1 Tablespoon chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped pepper
1 -2 Tablespoons lime juice
Spike or other seasoned salt
1 Tablespoon olive oil


Combine all ingredients in a bowl and spoon into a wrap and sprinkle with feta cheese!!  

Variations could include adding cucumbers, olives, any other veggies that seem would go with these flavors. Flavorings like garlic, cilantro or other herbs too would go great.  I think it works well for using up things in the frig!

I loved this!  It was so good....  Sort of greek, but I had Mexican in mind when I began making it.....  so I'm not sure what it ended up being.  :)


So I am also breaking myself of a severe sugar addiction- again!! This little dish is something that my fitness friend and long, lost twin Cheri from St. Louis told me about!  Basically it is a Paleo type recipe for a snack with almonds, cocoa and coconut oil.  YUM!

Combine almonds, a teaspoon of melted coconut oil (MCT oil) and dust with a teaspoon of cocoa powder.  This smells divine, tastes really good and is not sweet, though it gives you a bit of a chocolate addiction relief!







It was a yummy night for eating- I wish there was left overs though!  Oh well!  Until next time, be a joy giver!!

No comments:

Post a Comment