Saturday, December 14, 2013

What to do first and other wanderings..

TODAY is finally Saturday, the best day of the whole week for most of us.  I have so much to accomplish today, as I am going to be gone for a few days starting tomorrow.  I am going to the TIES convention in Minneapolis (can we have a hallelujah and a few major fist pumps in the air, baby!!) which is a tech conference for teachers.  My life is good.  I am going with some of my absolute FAVORITE people in the world- The Mad-English teacher friend, the Mad-chemistry teacher friend, the wanting to always be anonymous next door neighbor and partner in crime, fellow vegetarian girl, plus finally- my mentee, the Mad-Math Teacher friend.  We are leaving early tomorrow so we can get to the cities and walk to the museum in the afternoon before it closes. Before the vikings game lets out..... YES!!!  Anywho, I have a few things I want to accomplish before I leave.

Most of them involve errands, but I also want to get to the gym, go for a walk, wrap Christmas presents, put up one more string of really cool lights..... OH, I want to send out my calendars this week, but idk if I will get that done before tomorrow.  Yeah, I should be doing that right now so I can take them to the post office, and yet here I am writing a blog post.  Priorities, right??

Hey can I make an observation that is slightly annoying to me this morning.  I just looked up at the TV, as I have the Today show on, with the sound pretty low, and the headline is: 21 States expecting snow or rain today.........  Um yeah- this is WINTER people.  IT IS DECEMBER!!!  WHAT do we expect???  I also find it more than mildly annoying how the Weather Channel names their winter storms.  I seriously want to smack them upside the head.  We who endure these winter storms do not need them named.  We call them- "daily life" or  "oh I better wear my boots today" weather and "I suppose I better remote start my car" sort of a day.  We SCOFF at you weather channel.  Life is dramatic enough,  just tell us how many inches to expect and we will decide if it is "get some bread and milk" time.  I am done now.  :)

Yeah, so I need to prioritize my wants and needs for the day or I will be so worked up by the time night comes I won't sleep.  And since I am the apparent "expert" in Twin cities driving (silly silly people) I have to be on my A game tomorrow, as I am chief navigator!  (I have Siri and I know how to use her)

Just a week from now my house will be full of people and dogs and a baby and it will be good!  All the kids will be here the weekend before Christmas, as their places of work are rude enough to make some of them go to their jobs next week.  I mean just because Christmas is on a Wednesday, effectively cutting the week in two and just kind of messing things up, doesn't mean they should goof up my Christmas celebrations, right? Oh well, Christmas is when everyone is here, so what evs.  I am trying to get all these little loose ends tied up, as I think at least part of the posse will be here on Thursday, so after I get home, there isn't much time.  So lights and wrapping is top priority, as well as a little last minute shopping and deciding on a grocery list.  Oh man, I'm going to be up late.  Lol.

So, maybe I should package up a couple calendars right now to get to my far-est flung friends on the coasts, and then make a fast stop at the PO after while.  That would make me feel better.  I have a gift to send off too, so that might be a good idea, too.  Yep, a list has already started.

Until next time, have a joyful day- enjoy your Saturday.  It goes waaaay too fast.

Ho Ho Ho!!


No comments:

Post a Comment