Monday, February 22, 2021

Good Morning and Happy Monday

 I was about to embark on my strength training mission and I had a random thought about this blog.  I FREQUENTLY compose little sentences/paragraphs in my head (why though) for stories I would like to write, and through a fast process of random neuron firings I thought an update was in order.

I, since writing last, have gotten my first covid vaccine, which was really good- but again with the mind bending....  another time for that.  I have endured 2 weeks of REALLY cold temperatures, though truth be told, it was way worse up here when I first moved north in 1980.  And those first two winters we really only had a wood stove for heat. Good lord that sounds like pioneer days, doesn't it?  I was doubting my sanity and judgement.  And seriously thought about moving home- but I stuck it out.  lol.  mostly because I doubt my mom would have wanted me there.  jk.  She always said, at least to me, that we would always have a place to go if we needed it.  I miss my mom. 

Anyway, it is snowing lightly and is decently warmish, and I plan to get outside in a little while for some snowshoe after afore mentioned strength training.  Which by the way has made a HUGE difference in the way I feel - however, this time around I am smart enough to keep the obsession at bay and am doing this without losing all the feeling in my hands at night.  My peloton bike is scheduled to get here Wednesday - lord I hope I won't bore people with this- but we shall see.

The best thing that has happened lately is having my oldest son invite me down to visit them and I am getting my suitcase out later today.  So Friday I am getting the hell out of dodge.  My suitcase.....  the one I bought for my trip to Italy that was supposed to happen last year..... sniff sniff.....  But it is a wonderful piece of luggage and will be available for when that trip does happen.  maybe next summer- 2022.  fingers crossed.

I hear there are pitchers of margaritas to go in my future- because I have the best DILs ever.  AND Mexican food too!!!  It has been a hot minute for that- since summer time in the sort of south.  

So here is the update, not too much to tell.  But, I like to put out positive posts and not just my occasional bouts of anxiety and angst.  I know we all have them, so it is also a good thing to have people be able to identify with the ludicrous and ridiculous things that go on in all of our minds.

Have a great week, and maybe I'll post again soon.  I just never know.  


Rock on all you lovely friends of mine.....  mwah 

No comments:

Post a Comment